Privacy statement Key4Nova
Key4Nova is aware that it is essential to handle and secure the personal details of candidates, flex workers, employees, and other relations and visitors with the greatest possible care, in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR.
Who are we?
Key4Nova is a joint-venture of the Dutch Derks & Derks Holding B.V. (located in Amersfoort at Databankweg 12A, 3821 AL, The Netherlands) and the French CDG Conseil SARL (located at 4 Boulevard Pasteur, 75015 Paris, France), both recruitment agencies, specialised in life sciences. We connect organisations and higher educated candidates worldwide, we coach, train and guide and inspire in the next step of their development.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data from the moment you enter or leave your details on our website, you apply for one of our vacancies, do an assessment with us, participate in one of our events or training courses or use our services in other ways.
We can approach you if you are interested in registering with us, if it appears that you might be interested in work-related services from our network, publicly available media, LinkedIn or other sources. We will process your personal data if you have explicitly authorised us to do so in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect and process your data for the execution of our services; Recruitment & Selection, Outsourcing and related HR activities. We are happy to think along with you and we will advise and support you during developments in your career. More specifically, we process your personal data in order to provide you with the best possible service for the following purposes:
- to be able to support and advise you during your career;
- keeping you informed of relevant vacancies;
- informing you about our services, training, events and newsletters (this is done by our employees and partly automated, for example by means of a vacancy alert or the email wizard);
- to be able to assess your suitability and availability in connection with mediation to permanent or temporary work or an assignment, whereby test results, reference checks and social media can also be used (if this is relevant for the job and is indicated in the vacancy text), etc.;
- if we enter into and maintain an employee or personnel/mediation relationship with you and to be able to carry out the relevant administration;
- for the benefit of our clients in the context of recruitment & selection processes;
- for promoting your personal development and employability, including training and education;
- for management purposes including management information, providing internal checks and operational safety and perform audits and auditor’s inspections;
- quality objectives such as certification;
- (to perform research, for example salary research within a specific function group, always anonymous).
Which personal data do we collect from you and what is the retention period?
It is important that you can trust us to handle your data responsibly. We process the personal data that are necessary for our service. More specifically, it concerns the following personal data, upon registration, application, assessment and/or after interview:
- name and address data, email address and other contact details;
- birth data, age, gender;
- curriculum vitae (CV), information about training, internships and work experience;
- information about training and education and/or tests that you have attended or done yourself or through us;
- data on availability and leave;
- other data that are or may be important within the assessment of the suitability of the candidate, for example references and certificates;
- salary indication;
- profile picture.
The above data have a standard retention period of two years, if you have specified a different retention period, we will of course hold to this.
When you start to work/are working/have worked for BelgaSearch:
- nationality, social security number, Proof of Identity, work permit;
- diplomas and certificates;
- other data related to the personnel and salary registration.
Your personal data are available up to two years after the end of employment.
Certain personal data are available to Key4Nova for a longer period of time, for example for the benefit of claims, audits and tax obligations.
Key4Nova only records special personal data if relevant for the service and important for its role as a strategic partner in human talent.
‘Special personal data’ refers to data on race, religion or belief, political opinion, health, sexual life, trade union membership, criminal data and/or personal data about unlawful or disruptive behaviour.
With whom can we share your personal data?
On a case-by-case basis, we look at the necessity of whether or not to provide certain personal data to a third party. We have made agreements with all parties with whom we share your information about the processing, protection and destruction of your personal data if the processing is no longer necessary.
What are your rights: access, rectification, alteration of data, right to be forgotten/removal and data portability?
You have the right of access, alteration, removal or data portability of the personal data collected concerning you. You can submit a request to that effect at firstname.lastname@example.org. Key4Nova will contact you within two weeks to inform you thereof.
How do we protect your data?
Key4Nova finds it very important to protect your personal data against unauthorised use. We do this with physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures. Your data are stored by us in a database on a server on our own network.
Your data are protected in the following way:
- the network is shielded by means of a firewall that is actively managed and on which the security patches are always installed as quickly as possible;
- our servers are managed by expert staff who are aware of the sensitivity of your data;
- our servers are equipped with recent security software and updates;
- within our organisation, our employees only have access to your data if this is necessary for the purposes as described in this statement;
- all our employees are aware of the responsibilities that the processing of your personal data entails;
- all backups are stored encrypted.
With whom do we have a data processing agreement?
In accordance with current laws and regulations, we use a data processing agreement when we provide personal data to third parties. Such a data processing agreement includes, among other things, which data have been provided by us, for which purpose these were provided, until when they can be used and how they are protected. We have concluded data processing agreements with our clients, sister companies and (IT) suppliers.
In order to be able to carry out our services, the use of so-called cookies is necessary. Cookies are small amounts of data stored on your computer by your internet browser. Information about your visit to our website can be stored in cookies. In addition to session cookies, permanent cookies are also stored. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can reconfigure your browser in such a way that cookies are refused, or that you are asked to confirm the storage of cookies. However, if you do not allow cookies, this may result in not all of our offers functioning fault-free for you.
Use of Social plug ins
Via the website of Key4Nova, access is provided to various social media, such as Twitter en LinkedIn. With the help of these so-called social plug-ins you can share information on the website with others and recommend it. Via the social plugins cookies are placed on your device by third parties. These may be cookies that aim to optimise your user experience, but tracking cookies, which are used to track your surfing behaviour across multiple websites and to build up a profile of your surfing behaviour, may also be placed.
Removing and blocking cookies
The consent you have given for placing and reading cookies can always be withdrawn by setting your browser so that it does not accept cookies or by removing all cookies already placed in your browser. Consult the help function of your browser to see how you can remove the cookies.
However, you have to take into account that the removal of cookies may result in certain parts of the website not or not properly working anymore.
Refusing and removing cookies only affects the computer and the browser on which you perform this operation. If you use multiple computers and/or browsers, you must repeat the above action(s) for each computer and/or browser.
Use of analysis programs and remarketing
Despite all the measures we have taken to prevent data leaks, data leaks may occur. If your data is (presumably) part of a data leak, we follow the guidelines of the Belgian Data Protection Authority and we will inform you about this if this is necessary in accordance with the guidelines.
If you have questions about our privacy statement, please contact us via email@example.com